Are you a School Head Teacher looking for help with school assemblies or RE lessons?
Wallingford Friday Club (established 1981) has booked Gordon McCracken to come and help run a week of “Super Clubs” and he will also be conducting school assemblies and RE lessons whilst he is here. Gordon uses a fun and interesting format to convey well known Bible stories to primary school children. He has been conducting school visits for over 11 years and visits around 300 schools across the UK and Ireland per year. He lives in Glasgow with his wife and two children. On request we will provide a list of referee schools should you wish to contact one for a reference. Please watch the short video below and email to request a visit from Gordon from 16th to 20th March 2020. Neither Gordon nor Wallingford Christian Assembly take any fees for his visits.
The approach that Gordon takes is to cover Bible stories (in line with the Oxfordshire schools RE syllabus) in a way that is interesting and fun. In particular it helps children to have a “basic knowledge and understanding of Christianity” and to “explore religious stories”. The promotional video’s below are for the Super Club’s but they give an idea of his general approach.
We are expecting a canine theme and the list below shows some of the stories that Gordon covers:
- Sniffer dog – Bible story: Woman healed after twelve years of sickness.
- Guide dog’s – Show the way to go and warn of danger just like the Bible is the guide that Christians use.
- Sheep dog – Christ is the shepherd who gathers sheep into the fold and is the door of that fold keeps people safe.
- Guard dog – Bible story: Cities of refuge and Noah’s ark.
- Search and rescue dog – Bible story: Peter sinking in the waves
Should you wish Gordon McCracken to visit your school for a lesson or assembly please contact Graeme Smith for more information. For your information Super Club will also be held at Wallingford Christian Assembly, Atwell Close from 6.30 – 7.30 pm every night during the week.